If you brush your teeth twice a day, then you might not notice the quality of your toothbrush – you’re more focused on scrubbing those pearly whites. But if your toothbrush is old, frayed, and dirty, how clean can you really get your teeth? Westside Dental in Winnipeg suggest for you to look for these signs that show that you need a new set of bristles:
- You’ve been sick recently. Recovering from the flu can feel like a miracle – never again will you take clear sinuses for granted! But if you used the same toothbrush while you were sick, then you might re-infect yourself the next time you clean your teeth. Pick up a new toothbrush for the sake of your health!
- The bristles are worn down. Wondering if it’s time for a replacement? Take a closer look at your toothbrush. Bristles that are frayed, bent, or missing are a sure sign that you already got your use out of this tool, and it’s time for a replacement. Damaged bristles won’t be able to remove food particles wedged between your teeth. Think about it: how can this brush clean your teeth, when it looks like it can’t clean itself?
- It’s been stored in a closed space. Some of us leave our toothbrushes on the counter, while others store theirs in a drawer. Even though it looks neater, putting your damp toothbrush in a closed space can make bacteria go wild; these conditions promote microbial growth. Buy a toothbrush holder and store your brush upright to keep it safe from mould.
- There is debris on the toothbrush. It’s hard to notice changes on something we use every day. That said, try to keep an eye on how dirty your toothbrush is getting. We brush our teeth to remove bacteria – not to add more. Stick your toothbrush under the tap and give it a good rinse; if none of the residual goo comes clean, then throw it out and use a new one.
- You haven’t replaced it in months. When was the last time you bought a new toothbrush? If you can’t remember, then it’s probably time for a replacement. Dentists recommend that you replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Set a reminder on your phone every few months to get a new brush. Your teeth deserve the best; after all, you’ll be using those tools for the rest of your life! Pamper them by buying a new brush regularly.
- It touched another person’s toothbrush. Most of us wouldn’t share a toothbrush with someone else, no matter how much we loved them. It comes down to wanting to keep our oral bacteria separate. But when you store your toothbrushes side-by-side, they risk touching bristles and swapping germs. Yuck! To avoid this issue, you may want to purchase two separate toothbrush holders.
If you don’t change your toothbrush regularly, then your efforts to clean your teeth are going to waste! Those old bristles will spread bacteria from last month’s meal onto your pearly whites.
Do you have questions about your oral health? It’s best to consult an experienced Winnipeg dentist. At WestSide Dental in Winnipeg, we take pride in offering our patients high-quality and comprehensive care. To schedule a cleaning with one of our hygienists, contact our dental office today.
Are you looking for a dental clinic or dentist in Winnipeg Manitoba? Westside Dental Centre is a Charleswood practice located in Winnipeg. We are a progressive practice offering a full scope of family dental services, kid friendly dentistry and cosmetic dental treatments. Our state of the art facility and modern techniques ensure excellence in patient care. We offer nitrous oxide, sedation dentistry and iv sedation if needed all in our Winnipeg office. Our team of Winnipeg Dentists and Dental Hygienists are experts and put the care in dental care.
See why thousands of Winnipeg mb families choose Westside Dental centre
At Westside Dental Clinic, our dental care team treats the whole family: dental for children, teens, adults and seniors. Are you looking for a pediatric dentistry in Winnipeg? Our Charleswood dental centre staff of professional dentists and hygienists are committed to keeping you and your family healthy. We want our patients to be proud of their smile and be confident knowing our team is committed to maintaining the patients dental health. We are passionate about making our patients feel at ease and comfortable. We are also committed to making children’s’ first dental experiences positive ones, as we believe this helps set the course for a lifetime of excellent health for their teeth.
Whether you need emergency dental treatment, regular ongoing dental care, or cosmetic work, the Westside Dental Clinic team will work closely with you to create a plan of treatment that is suited to your individual needs. No matter if you suffer from a toothache, jaw pain, or simply want to brighten your smile, Westside Dental Centre and its team of professionals that speak English, French, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, German, Tagalog-Philippine, and Serbo-Croatian will find the right oral health services for you. This is where pain free oral hygiene lives!
Our General Dentistry Services
Children FRIENDLY Dentistry
Looking for the best dentist for kids in Winnipeg? Introducing your child to the dentist is important; it sets them up for a lifetime of excellent oral health. Our dental services are kid-friendly, and we aim to make your child as comfortable as possible. We use techniques that help anxious children who may be afraid of needles, with the use of topical anesthetics and breathing exercises.
Is it time for your semi-annual check-up? A hygienist will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. After polishing your pearly whites, we’ll apply a fluoride treatment that will keep them strong and shiny.
Over several appointments, your smile will be restored. A titanium anchor will be inserted into the jaw and then capped with an artificial tooth. Dental Implants look and act like real teeth, so you can smile and chew comfortably.
Repair cavities before they damage your teeth by getting a filling. We do colour matching so that the filling blends with the rest of your teeth. Enjoy a healthy smile and say goodbye to that nagging toothache. We can take x rays and determine if what you really need are root canals.
After a large filling or root canal, a crown will secure your tooth and match your smile seamlessly. It will cover your tooth, protect it from further damage, and look completely natural. Save damaged teeth by capping them with a crown.
Do you need a solution for missing teeth? Then you may be interested in partial or full dentures, which fit over the gums and act like real teeth. Our Winnipeg dentists will design a set that suits your mouth and meets your needs.
Emergency Dental Services
Dental Emergency? Some dental issues require urgent dental care, and at WestSide Dental Centre we understand that. Please contact our office if you lose or crack a tooth, or are experiencing an intense toothache. We will arrange an appointment for you to see a Winnipeg dentist ASAP, who will alleviate your discomfort.
Interesting in cosmetic dentistry? Want to improve your smile without extensive orthodontic work? You might want to invest in veneers; these porcelain or composite resin shells are attached to teeth to cover stains and fill gaps. They’re incredibly durable and long-lasting. See all our cosmetic dentistry options.
Smiles are beautiful. Everyone loves a radiant and bright smile. As we age, our teeth are subject to stains and discolouration – this can make our smile more yellow than we’d like. We offer teeth whitening and bleaching treatments that whiten your smile without wearing away your enamel.
We want to be Your Winnipeg Dental group
Contact Westside Dental Group today!
Did you know? Collectively, our dental care team speaks English, French, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, German, Tagalog-Philippine, and Serbo-Croatian. Do you have non English speaking family members? If you prefer or require a family gentle dentist where you can communicate in any of these languages, contact us! We also do direct billing. If you’ve never seen a dentist or it’s been a while since your last appointment give us a call, contact us today! Our office in Winnipeg Manitoba can provide well being for all your oral health needs. We look forward to seeing you, please call 204-415-4811 to reach our dentist office!